In the past 25 years, GBF has granted scholarships to deserving youth, built quality learning facilities, supported reputable academic institutions, and created synergies geared toward uplifting the Filipino.
Empowering the youth through scholarships
Since 2006, GBF has offered scholarship programs producing 589 graduates as of December 2018.
- GBF Iskolar ni Juan Technical-Vocational Scholarship Program
- GBF STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) Scholarship for Excellence
- GBF-JG Summit Business Units STEM Scholarship for Excellence
- GBF NextGen Scholarship for Excellence for Children and Siblings of JG Summit Holdings, Inc., Subsidiaries & Affiliates Employees
- GBF-PBEd Scholarship for Future Science & Mathematics Teachers
- Ateneo John L. Gokongwei Scholarship
- DLSU Gokongwei College of Engineering Grant
- St. Stephen’s High School Scholarship Program
Running an industry-standard Technical Training Center
GBF established in 1999 its first major project, a Technical Training Center with industry-standard facilities in Pasig City. GBF TTC serves as home of Iskolar ni Juan, a one-year fully-subsidized scholarship in Mechatronics Servicing and Instrumentation and Controls Servicing, and education-to-employment opportunity for high-potential high school graduates.
Partnering with top academic institutions
GBF recognizes strength in collaborating with leading education institutions. In honor of GBF’s endowments, centers of excellence in business and engineering education adopted the official names Ateneo de Manila University John Gokongwei School of Management in 2002 and De La Salle University Gokongwei College of Engineering in 2011, respectively.
These endowments consist of significant allocations for student scholarships, faculty and student research, and facility improvement. GBF’s endowment to DLSU also led to the establishment of John Gokongwei Jr., Innovation Center in its Science and Technology Complex in Laguna.
The Gokongwei family has also extended support to academic institutions such as Immaculate Conception Academy, Xavier School, University of San Carlos, Sacred Heart School-Ateneo de Cebu, and University of Asia and the Pacific.
Creating synergies with strategic partners
To expand its reach and impact, GBF supports the advocacies of JG Summit business units and education-oriented organizations. Presently, GBF closely works with JG Summit companies in granting financial support and quality internship to scholars.
- 2011: GBF partnered with AGAPP Foundation in establishing 18 two-classroom preschool buildings in underprivileged communities.
- 2018: GBF supported future K to 12 Science and Mathematics teachers through Philippine Business for Education’s 1000 Teachers Program.
- 2019: GBF partnered with the University of the Philippines to strengthen its National Institute for Science and Mathematics Education Development’s KaSaMa Teachers program, an online community and resource portal for K-12 Science and Mathematics teachers.