GBF TeachSTEM Teacher Certificate Program
The Teacher Certificate Program aims to provide and strengthen pedagogical skills to STEM educators who are non-education degree holders. This program will equip them with appropriate delivery modes needed in educating STEM learners.
1. Scholarship Grant
- Fixed annual grant:
- Public Institutions: PHP 30,000.00
- Private Institutions: PHP 50,000.00
- Released in tranches equivalent to the grant amount divided by the number of regular academic terms
- Should the grant amount be insufficient to cover costs and fees, the Scholar shall shoulder deficiencies.
2. Scholar Development programs
- Access to capacity-building programs (i.e. leadership, upskilling, subject content)
- A chance to be part of an educators community
- Continue to serve in the public sector while completing your course
- Must be a graduate of a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology or Mathematics in any CHED-recognized private or state university/college.
- Must not have taken any Teacher Certificate Program units.
- Must have at least a “Satisfactory” rating in teaching performance from previous year.
- Must have a general average of at least 2.0 or its equivalent in their bachelor’s degree
- Must enroll the minimum academic load prescribed by the TEI and certificate program within the recommended period.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must not be a recipient of a scholarship from any other institution or person.
- Must be in need of financial assistance to complete program.
Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (LEPT)
The Scholar shall take the Licensure?Examination for?Professional?Teachers (LEPT) with the following conditions:
- Immediately after the certificate program is completed.
- Pass the LEPT within one (1) year after completing the certificate program
- The Scholar shall notify GBF of his/her LEPT status and should submit proof of examination result.
- Should the Scholar fail to pass the LEPT beyond the allowed period, the Scholar shall be required to return to GBF the full amount of grant received
The Scholar is required to fulfill return service for a period equivalent to the duration of the scholarship with the following conditions/requirements:
- As a full-time Science, Technology or Mathematics teacher in a public school in the Philippines, preferably in his/her province or hometown
- Immediately after completing the certificate program
- Certified true copy of grades reflecting GWA from the completed bachelor’s degree (computer-generated / portal-based grades may be submitted under certain circumstances).
- Proof of enrollment or proof of admission (with letter of intent to enroll).
- Colored ID photo with white background
- Certificate of good moral character from school of employment
- Recommendation Form filled up by any two (2) of the following:
- Department head
- Master Teacher under the department
- Any individual who has supervised applicant in any capacity
- Proof of household income (I.e. two most recent pay slips, Income Tax Return [ITR]) of all earning individuals
- Application Form
- Proof of Academic & Financial Eligibility
- Philosophy of Teaching
- Recommendation Form
- Tabulation and Deliberation